Massengale Golf takes great pride in our junior golf instruction. Our programs teach junior golfers the fundamentals and key aspects while offering an exciting environment. Our goal is to help them make golf an exciting part of their life. It does not matter if the junior has aspirations of playing in high school, college, professionally, or in a business world, we will give them the tools they need to succeed. Golf is a great game for a young person to learn, teaching them life skills such as integrity, hard work, and patience to name a few.
Junior Development Program
In an effort to create an environment for all skill levels for our juniors we have created a Junior Golf Development Program. It is our hope that this program will create a defined pathway for your junior golfer’s skill level development. Each session will meet once a week on their designated day for five consecutive weeks. If there is a weather related cancellation, sessions will be moved back one week. Please choose the day that works best for your junior. For our program we follow the US Kids Golf curriculum in all of our levels. Students will earn achievement pins for topics covered during the five week period. We will take payment on the first day of class. If for some reason a class is not showing up as being offered it is full. Please contact Lauren and she will try her best to accommodate your junior. Juniors new to Massengale Golf will need to fill out a Release Form. Returning juniors do not need to do this. If you have any questions please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org
Session One: September 11th – October 13th
*Free For Massengale Golf Members*
Mondays: (September 11, 18, 25, October 2, 9)
Tuesdays: (September 12, 19, 26, October 3, 10)
Wednesdays: (September 13, 20, 27, October 4, 11)
Thursdays (September 14, 21, 28, October 5, 12)
Fridays: (September 15, 22, 29, October 6, 13)
Massengale Junior Golf Association
School Season: August 2017 – May 2018 | Saturdays
Cost: $50 (Annual Registration Fee) $15 (Each Play Day)
Play Day Registration: Choose A Date Below
- Any Massengale Golf student, Augusta Pines member, or Gleannloch Pines member is eligible to join the MJGA.
- Play days will be limited to a maximum of 64 participants and will be split between Augusta Pines and Gleannloch Pines Golf club.
- Juniors will play 2, 3, 6, or 9 holes based on their ability. Massengale Golf staff will help determine where your junior should be placed.
- Juniors will play modified tees in each category. A “qualifying” score will be determined for each category. Once a junior has met this score on three occasions they will graduate to the next set of holes/ tees.
- Juniors will be aloud to have a caddie. Parent involvement is encouraged.
- There will be a school season and a summer season. During the summer juniors will have the opportunity to play once a week.
- For complete details and our MJGA Parent Packet: Click Here
- If you have any questions please email Lauren or contact any of our instructors at 281.516.1002
Coming Back Summer 2018
Great for junior golfers ages 5-15. All skill levels. Juniors are separated into groups based on their age and ability. Groups then rotate through different stations everyday that cover the fundamentals of golf including rules and etiquette. Equipment can be provided free of charge. Juniors new to Massengale Golf will need to fill out a Release Form. Returning juniors do not need to do this. If you have any questions please contact Lauren at email@example.com
PGA Junior League Golf
PGA Junior League Golf is a fun, social and inclusive opportunity for boys and girls ages 13 and under to learn and enjoy the game of golf. Much like other recreational league sports, participants wear numbered jerseys and play on teams with their friends. During the course of one game, teams play four 9-hole matches in a popular two-person scramble format, reinforcing the team concept and creating a nurturing environment for learning the game. Coaches can also substitute players every three holes, so that all of the golfers on each team can participate. Six matches alternating between Augusta Pines and Gleannloch Pines. Practices will be held once a week before each match. Juniors new to Massengale Golf will need to fill out a Release Form. Returning juniors do not need to do this. If you have any questions please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org
COMING BACK SUMMER 2018